Thursday, January 27, 2011

EDEC: Week 2 Post

1-28-11
            This is my second week here in first grade at
Timothy Road
. So far, I enjoy my first graders. This morning, two girls got up in front of the class, during calendar time and sang Mrs. Davis and me and cheer. The cheer was, “2, 4, 6, 8, who do we appreciate? Ms. Davis, Ms. Davis! 2, 4, 6, 8, who do we appreciate? Ms. Tedder, Ms. Tedder!” I loved this cheer. What a great way to start out the morning!
            In the chapter that we read in our books, it talks about expectation and consequences. I feel like Mrs. Davis’ class knows the expectations and knows the consequences. I feel like there is no grey area when it comes to these two terms. I also could not believe that the principal in the book came over the intercom and said what he said about the thumping. I found it funny that everyone started thumping each other, including the author of the book we are reading. It’s like every time you say, “Don’t do that!” The students do it anyway. I feel like there are other ways around this and what you say and how you say it has a huge impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment